My Field-Grey German Uniform

Diary Extract

Hello! Today The Party is issuing a print from a page found in the Hun’s diary and written years ago in England!

This is the extract written in Prussian blue ink:

In the early hours of the morning, I was walking along the street when a fool approached me and told me to go paint his house. He was carrying an open bucket of paint and brandishing a paintbrush in the other hand.

Looking him up and down with disgust, I replied: Sind sie verrückt oder was?

The foolish man looked at me and repeated his demand, so I shook my head while looking back at him and said he should go see a psychiatrist.

At this he started waving his paintbrush around in the air while raving and frothing. Something went in my eye, and it occurred to me that perhaps this ridiculous man had mistaken my uniform for that of a painter. Walking past him I had the sensation I needed to spit out on the street, which I solemnly did with sheer disgust and then I took a stroll up Western Height to the old barracks, where I entered a room.

Mirror on the Wall

In this room where English soldiers were housed – the barracks later closed and became a visitors attraction – hung a mirror on the wall, and a tourist guide in the background was explaining to a crowd of English people that soldiers would check their uniform in front of the mirror before going to the parade ground to be certain that every item was in order and each button in the right place.

Here is today's Party dance.

As I happened to be standing there looking at this mirror, the reflection came back to me in true colours! I saw that the trousers I wore were considered different by English standard, as the soldiers in the old pictures pasted along the wall either had white trousers, or khaki green, depending which period they referred to.

My trousers are feldgrau, and field-grey is also the colour of my jacket. My shirt collar appeared just perfect, and the grey sleeves of my jacket had a beautiful design attached to them that gave out a radiant shine, this being my rank.




Many English People in the Room

In the mirror I could see more reflections as a large crowd of English people gathered in the room looking at me and admiring my uniform. Some of them were quietly talking in conversation in relation to my military fatigues, they were in no way upset and on my part I was polite to them.

One lady offered to let me pass if I wished to go, but I replied it was alright as I didn’t want to cause the people among the crowd to move and I could leave later. She and others smiled at me, and another person also offered to let me pass to some place in the room if I desired, but with a gesture of the hand I made understand it was alright.

Inside the Scottish Room

Then we all moved on into the next room where Scottish uniforms were on display. There was a frame on the wall with the picture of one man whose chest was bare, and clearly he had lost his uniform and was now wearing only a kilt. Many among the crowd were laughing, but I became very sad and thought to myself that I would not do this, but would go over to the English and ask for a new pair of trousers and a shirt.

All the English people in the room showed me in a provocative manner what they thought of the Scottish clothes, but it’s not enmity towards the Scots, they said. It was just a way of showing what they think of the man with a bare chest in England and no trousers or jacket!

This was my outing that day to the barracks at Western Heights.

Here is today’s Party song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

𝕯𝖎𝖊 𝖂𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖘𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖋𝖙 - The Restaurant

Germany and the Cult of Guilt

When Angela Went to Greece

Mädel’s Table Talk in a Wirtschaft in Bavaria

Hypnotising Germany by Thread and by Needle

In Communion In and Out of England

Angela and the Kyivan Rus

The Serbian Church Either Won, or Lost

Das Rus Kind

A Combined Marriage to the Communist Khanate