To Prevail Means Not to Fail

Starting in England

When we started our journey, Angela and I set out from London. She had asked me to go with her to Serbia as she was far too young to travel alone. Angela was still going to school and wanted to study the Serbian Church. So when we made our first visit there, heading to Valjevo, it was all new for me. When we finally returned the last time from Serbia, we came back to England from where we had started and took up abode in Kent.

The following is a reprint from a Party edition of 2018 which I decided to put back up in public, as taking it down through disqus deletion didn’t seem right to me. I’m sure Angela will be pleased to see it back up. Any error in the choice of words is entirely mine!

On Being Tough

Anglia Of England

@angliaofengland 16 minutes ago (2018)

The time came round when I had a mission to accomplish, and I would be working along side my sister. With her expertise and knowledge, I knew it would be quite straight forward. We'd get to work and steadily achieve all that needed doing. That's how straight forward it was.


Light Tower Church
Light Tower Church

Alas, problems arose. And through no fault of ours that's for sure. Well they tried making it hard for us, so we were patient but I did begin to wonder if they doubted!

They tried putting us down, so clearly they doubted. In fact they made it harder and harder for us. It came to the point where they thought we'd just give in and give up. It looked as if they were placing burdens that would crush one's will to continue, with no option other than to give in. So they doubted big time!

And the days became weeks, the weeks turned into months, and the months evolved into years. And the years passed by. Never mind, I said, life is long enough and eventually they will doubt no more, for they cannot undo what we managed to accomplish!


Statue of Holy Trinity
Statue of Holy Trinity

No regret, no remorse! After all, she and I had been in Serbia, and we knew we would eventually prevail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

𝕯𝖎𝖊 𝖂𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖘𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖋𝖙 - The Restaurant

Germany and the Cult of Guilt

When Angela Went to Greece

Mädel’s Table Talk in a Wirtschaft in Bavaria

Hypnotising Germany by Thread and by Needle

In Communion In and Out of England

Angela and the Kyivan Rus

The Serbian Church Either Won, or Lost

Das Rus Kind

A Combined Marriage to the Communist Khanate